In ZADA we’re hard-working, fast executors, candid, unwilling to tolerate politics, passionate about wowing every single client we touch and drive to make a positive impact.
Our recipe is to:
- Focus on execution, launch quickly to test the market and make it better going forward
- Enter markets where we can add value and easily scale
- Work with the best people
- Collaborate with the best partners
- Leverage our network and experiences
- Hire people that doesn’t need to be managed
- Fire Bullets, Then Cannonballs. Test ideas and focus on the ones that work.
- Our Core Values
Before anything else, values come first.
Without clear, shared values, we wander independently and contradict one another. Everything’s harder when we all believe different things about what’s important to us, our company. There are the key values we live by in our mission to ensure everyone has equal opportunities to benefit from new digital services and offerings in a safe way without risks.
- Customer Focused – Nothing is more important to us than delivering a great experience to our partners and users. We believe it’s the core of our success. If we make mistakes, which sometimes happens, we are relentless in our quest to make things right. Strategically, we are driven by our customers and the opportunities, not the competition. We keep an eye on competitors, but we don’t let their behaviour shape our own. We listen to the needs in the market and focus on what adds value.
- We cultivate Trust – Trust is a crucial part of what we do and there can never be a situation that threatens to damage the trust in our brand or our technology platform. Our partners and our users trust each other since they trust us.
- We work as a Team – We always put the mission and the team first. We support and give credit to each other. We are a family and behave like one by including and caring about everyone.
- We are Humble – Arrogance has no place in our organisation. We treat everyone equal and on the same level. We are always humble no matter if they are co-workers, clients, or competitors.
- We Embrace Challenges – There will always be changes, problems, unforeseen events and other situations that create challenges for us. We don’t panic or complain but find solutions and keep executing. “The Obstacle is the way”.
- We Pioneer – In everything we do we work to exceed expectations and raise the benchmark. We push the limits, think outside of the box and keep making it better each time. We are not satisfied but always strive to improve. “You copy and you die as Jack Ma once said.”
- We are all defenders of our culture – For us to stay ahead, it’s going to take everyone making noise when we fall short of our expectations for ourselves. There is no place that is not your place – not only are you encouraged to speak out, but it is also your responsibility to do so.
We are all professionals and act as such
Apart from embracing our corporate values, we expect each individual to always be professional in and outside of work. Professional behaviour is a form of etiquette in the workplace that is linked primarily to respectful and courteous conduct. We believe that being conscious of how you treat co-workers and clients and ensuring a positive workplace attitude will improve your productivity and effectiveness in the workplace. This is how we expect you to behave:
- Honesty: always act openly. Never share confidential, privileged or client information unnecessarily, and don’t tolerate or justify dishonest conduct by others. Report any conflicts of interest immediately.
- Respect: maintain a respectful attitude to others at all times, even during stressful times. Don’t lash out at colleagues or disrespect anyone (senior or otherwise). Always use appropriate language (verbally and in writing). Apologise for errors or misunderstandings, and keep your personal opinions of others private. Show respect to other religions and cultures, never do anything that will disrespect anyone.
- Meetings: arrive on time and be prepared by reviewing the agenda or meeting notes in advance. Make contributions to discussions where appropriate, and don’t take over when someone else is trying to talk.
- Communication: speak clearly and in language others can easily understand, act courteously and use good manners when engaging with others. Read information provided before asking questions, listen to others when they are talking or explaining, and don’t engage in office gossip. Be careful of language and tone in written communications, and don’t copy in others unnecessarily when emailing (but don’t intentionally exclude others either). More importantly, answer people’s emails/messages promptly, preferably within 24 hours. If you can’t solve the task requested, at least reply and give an update on when it will be delivered.
- Integrity: Act ethically and do the ‘right’ thing at all times. If you can’t do what you promise to do, inform and take responsibility for it and help to solve the situation created. Always report suspicious people in the office, misconduct, or other violations of company policy. Remain impartial keeping any personal bias and intolerances out of the workplace.
- Corporate Goals: Understand our missions, goals and objectives and the role that you play in achieving those.
- Accountability: Take responsibility for your work and actions, do what needs to be done, and don’t leave it for others. Be honest if things go wrong, or you don’t finish something on time, then work out an effective resolution to move forward. Seek help early if you need it.